David, a residential property solicitor based in the firm’s Oxford office, qualified in 1987 and worked in various parts of the country before finally arriving in Oxfordshire in 2001. He joined Bower & Bailey in 2004 and became a partner in 2007. He has specialised in residential property work since 1995.
David is a member of the Law Society.
Areas of expertise:
- Residential sales and purchases of both freehold and leasehold properties
- Purchases of parts of land
- Re-mortgages of residential freehold and leasehold properties
- Transfers of ownership
- Purchases of new freehold properties
- Grants of new leases
- Purchasing development land for residential development
- Plots sales for new developments
- Leasehold extensions
- Deeds of easements
- Declaration of trusts between joint owners
- Sole control of sale of 13 new leasehold flats for developer including preparation of all the leases, setting up of a management company and provision for communal areas.
- Successful exchange and completion of 25 transactions in March 2016 to ensure that clients were not liable to higher rates of stamp duty that was to come into effect from 1st April 2016.
David enjoys watching sport of all kinds but in particular football. He is a lifelong Chelsea FC supporter. He also enjoys going to live music concerts and stand- up comedy. Finally, whilst not the greatest flier in the world he does enjoy travelling.